Saturday, May 12, 2007

When things don't seem "black and white"

Recently, there are so many people that have been asking me for advice concerning matters that tend to be in a category of "grayness." What I mean is these questions usually do not involve explicit commands in Scripture, but need to be interpreted and call for a word that is not used much today. These issues call for "discernment."

Two things that I would like to say to this. First, I know that I could not write something that could outdo what is already been written, so I will simply point you to this great two-part blog post by Eric Simmons from Covenant Life Church. I beg you to read this!!! http://boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001494.cfm

Second, consider attending this year's New Attitude conference in Nashville, TN. If you are already going, perhaps we might run in to each other there. If you cannot make it, I would encourage you to listen to the sermons and renew your mind in the truth of God's Word (Romans 12:1).

No comments: