Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Article for Jefferson Baptist Association

It has been a while since I have posted an article on my blog. So, I figured I would kill two birds with one stone. Below is an article that I submitted to the Jefferson Baptist Association for their monthly newsletter. It is an article to review some of the information from this past weekend's Student Conference.

Thank you to all who helped put this together! To God be the Glory!

We had an amazing “kick off” to the 2008 year at Bates Creek Camp with our Spring Conference “Don’t Waste Your Life.” Approximately 200 students and leaders toughed out the extremely cold temperatures and messy, muddy, soaked ground, rain, drizzle, and all that other stuff to hear a powerful message on the need to repent of sin and turn to Jesus Christ, for to live your life with any other aim, is a failure and a loss.

Saturday featured different messages on discipleship, commitment to the local church body, and missions. We hope to share with you some of the testimonies of the students who stood up and in front of everyone made comments such as, “I’ve been living a lie, thinking that I have been saved, but now I know what it means to be dead to sin, and alive to Christ!” Let me encourage you to read through your Jefferson Baptist newsletter and except to see more information from this year’s spring retreat.

Our desire for our summer camps this year is that we might preach Christ. Oh that the Lord would move upon our young people in the association! Oh that a since of conviction of sin and a God-granted repentance and faith in Jesus Christ would sweep through the participants in these activities and we would see people saved, Pastors and Missionaries called, and all for one purpose. The GLORY OF GOD! Will you pray with me to this end? Will you pray with me that the Lord would glorify His Name through the faithful preaching of the Word of God? Don’t get me wrong…we have some really awesome activities and some fun stuff planned for the summer, but we want something more than just all the fun that you would expect from events at Bates Creek, we are asking for a sovereign move of God this summer.

To God be the glory…great things He hath done!

Aaron

No comments: