First, I would like to personally thank each and every one of you who have prayed for and financially supported this current endeavor. I would also like to personally send thanks to everyone who has participated with Psalm 67 Missions Network in the past. We praise God for the work that he has done along the US/Mexico border. We pray that this might continue and increase as the Lord allows.
First, here are some highlights so far from this current endeavor:
- There were approximately 55 people in attendance for church this past week. After discussion with several following the service, there are at least three individuals that would like counsel regarding being baptized. There were several new attendees this week, including a retired Anglo couple from Mississippi who have relocated to a retirement community in the Valley.
- We had a total of 43 students and approximately 25 adults during the first afternoon/evening of VBS. Approximately 40% of those in attendance were new contacts for the congregation.
- The members of this current mission team visited many new neighborhoods and invited them to come. This brought about new attendees on Sunday as well as contact with approximately 3 families that are interested in connecting with the congregation.
- Through your generous giving, we were able to purchase approximately 400 copies of "For Your Joy" in Spanish. Current church members here report enjoying this resource and have cited that they are using copies of this resource to have Gospel conversations with their coworkers, family members, and amigos. In addition to this, we were able to purchase many other books and resource for the congregation.
- Sunday night we had a discussion on "what does the Bible say about Church Membership." Part of our meeting included watching a "Nine Marks of a Healthy Church" presentation (In Spanish) on the subject. The members in attendance were very much encouraged and would like to continue discussion on this topic.
Here are some prayer challenges for this week:
- The unity of our team. I know that this may seem small, but could you pray that we find Craig's camera? He would really like to have it to help him tell his story to others. He hasn't been able to locate it for a few days.
- Pray for a young man named Humberto. The Lord knows the need, and this is an urgent matter.
- Pray for the unity of the true believers. They are dealing with several issues that need to be addressed. It is very exciting to see the opportunity that they have to address several important issues and the Lord is showing us how he is graciously answering prayer.
- Billy and many others will be visiting the Language School today. Billy is going to be discussing with the school about an employment opportunity.
There is so much more to talk about. Feel free to post any questions or comments. We will try to stay in touch here and on Facebook. You can always follow Psalm 67 Missions Network on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.
In all things...Christ preeminent!