Saturday, November 10, 2007

First Report

Hello there...it's me, Rachel. It is late, so I hope that I remember everything I am supposed to report!

First of all, Aaron, Rick, and Robby were supposed to have a layover in Houston for 3 hours...however, they were able to catch an earlier flight at no additional cost. They were only at the Houston airport for about 30 min if I understand correctly.

Then, they got to the car rental joint....Advantage in Harlingen, TX, if you need a good van rental into Mexico...anyway, there was supposed to be an upcharge of $26 per day for taking the van into Mexico. Advantage decided not to charge them the extra, Praise the Lord! That saved them over $100.

For those of you who don't know, Connie Reinhold was able to send a large amount of medical supplies with our team. The hospital that she works in provided them as a donation. THANK YOU CONNIE! I spoke to Aaron this evening, and they had stopped in La Posa to drop off the medical supplies to the nurse. There is always a great need for vitamins. It just so happened that Robin, the nurse, had run out, and of course, there were lots and lots of vitamins in the goodies that Connie was able to send! I'm sure you can imagine the excitement (and drama) in Aaron's voice rejoicing in how the Lord provided!

The last time I heard from Aaron, it was about 10:00 pm. They had just gotten done setting up camp, & meeting with the boys that were awaiting their arrival. Aaron said that once again, it seems that the Lord has gone before them in each step of the way thus far. Duh!

Anyhow, I'm sure that I'm forgetting something, but you'll have to forgive me!

Oh yes, and Pastor Ruben Moreno, who had been feeling ill, and said he would definitely not be able to make the trip.....he met up with them this morning...and is in Mexico!

Thank you Lord!

No comments: