Saturday, November 10, 2007

Latest Word

Well, I spoke with Aaron briefly today. Things are still going well.

A few matters of prayer:

First, that they would manage their time wisely on Sunday, and make the most of the last full day that they will be there. To my understanding, they are taking a few of the teenage/young men to a church a little ways away. I'm not sure what the plan will be after that.

Sencond, Carmen, who is the lady that always does the cooking for our group, has made a profession of faith. After hearing the gospel, she said "I want this to be my testimony that I believe in Jesus, and nobody else...", and then she ripped the "saint" from around her neck and asked them to get rid of it. Aaron said that the necklace appeared to have been fairly expensive. It represented her dead ancestors and was the virgin holding a baby. Idolatry of this type is very serious to them, and this was a great testimony. Carmen is very sick, and her health is declining quickly. Please pray that the Lord would use her in the lives of her family members, that they too might be saved.

Third, for a few window A/C units. The school is apparently trying to get their hands on a few window units for two rooms. Aaron asked that we make this a matter of prayer.

Fourth, one of the boys, Daniel, who was very inquisitive over the summer, and who Aaron had come to be friends with, has seemed a little stand offish. Aaron was hoping to meet with him this evening, but I never received further report on that. Pray that the Lord would open his eyes that he might be saved.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I don't have any pictures to post yet...Aaron tried to send them, but I think the signal would not hold long enough for them to go through.


Night Night!
Rachel S.

No comments: