Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Reflection on 1 Corinthians 12:7

To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. (1 Corinthians 12:7 ESV)

So here I am sitting at the St. Louis Bread Company, looking over my Bible Reading for the day and as I am reading, some thoughts came to my mind concerning the verse.

We can be assured that the "manifestation of the Spirit" as mentioned here in this passage is never for selfish reasons. It is clearly stated in the entire context of this passage that God works in and through His people so that they might be a blessing to others. God gives "gifts" to us that all people might be blessed and that He would get the glory.

Our walk with Christ is a community project. (Thank you Paul Tripp for reminding this of that)! In this passage we are reminded again that we are not islands unto ourselves, but God has places us where He has placed us, and for those of us in Christ Jesus, He has given us gifts for the common good.

I pray that today you and I might consider how you and I might use our gifts, for the common good that Christ might be glorified and that in Him all the nations of the Earth might be blessed!

In all things...Christ preeminent!

Aaron


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: