Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Comments on "The Way I See It #209"

Tonight while sitting in Starbucks and reading a good book, I gazed at my coffee cup and saw the side of it where they put those quotes from people, most of whom you have never heard. It was amazing as I was reading about the Reformation and the life of Martin Luther, which, might I add, is a worth while assignment for any and all, that I considered the amazing difference in world views. You might say...duh!!!! You might say, "thank you Capitan Obvious" of course there would be a difference in the world view of a Christian and someone who is an unbeliever.

Yes, I agree with you. With the powerlessness of the what we know as the "church" today, and liberal teaching and more people being influenced by "The Power of Positive Thinking" or "Your Best Life Now", I wonder if there are some that might be quickly influenced by this cup and would rather adapt to it's theology than that of the teachings of Scripture.

Now...I shall quote Starbucks "The Way I See It" #209
Growing up, my parents always said, "You will leave this world the same way you came into it: with nothing." It made me realize that the only things we do in this world that count are those things that make the world a better place for those who will come behind us.
Now, don't throw the book at me and say that I am advocating that we make a mess of things so that we can dump on the people that follow us. Not at all, if by the grace of God, we are able to leave things in better shape then the way we found them, so be it. However, there is more...

Now to contrast this, let's look at the exapmple of Martin Luther. Martin Luther, living in a day when the people within the church were suffering from the result of a generation pointed down the wrong direction. (Paraphrase of Nichols book "Pages From Church History", 160) I would now like to offer some insight from Dr. Martin Luther.

"Therefore let every heard of a household remember that it is his duty, by God's injunction and command, to teach or have taught to his children the things they ought to know."
Martin Luther was wise enough to know that unless there was great attention given to the intentional teaching of Fathers and other leaders to impart the truth of Scripture to the coming generation, there would be nothing but disaster from a lack of knowledge of the Word of God. (Psalm 119:92)

Parents, are you worried about saving up your money and possessions and the whole time neglecting the teaching of your children? Where is your time and effort going? Do you labor and go to bed exhausted because you are storing up treasures on Earth where moth and rust destroy, or you are laying a foundation for a future generation that will come to find their joy and satisfaction in Christ alone?

In all things...Christ preeminent!

Aaron

No comments: