Sunday, March 11, 2007

Have you ever considered?

I was sitting at Starbucks this morning before church and was reading my Bible. (Recently I fell behind in where I had been reading...but was "catching up.") On a side note, and I recognize this is another sermon and another post, I find that when I am most busy...even with "church things" is when I sometimes feel so distant.

I am using Robert Murray M'Cheyne's Daily Bible Reading guide to help me stay focused on a good balance of Old and New Testament readings. I would recommend this for everyone!

In my "catch up" reading, I went through Job chapters 38-40. Specifically chapters 38-39 were very inspirational today. You see, the Lord was bringing back to Job's memory the awesomeness (if this is a word) of God.

Can you life up your voice to the cloud, that a flood of waters may cover you? Can you send forth lightings, that they may go and say to you, "Here we are?" Who has put wisdom in the inward parts or given understanding to the mind? Who can number the clouds by wisdom? Or who can tilt the waterskins of the heavens, when the durst runs into a mass and the clods stick fast together? Job 38:34-38

Just simply considering this and being overwhelmed at how much bigger God is than me brought me to a great place today...worship. I could not help myself when I was reading this. It seemed that everything else in my mind had been forgotten because I had been blown away at the amazing authority, power, and majesty of our God.

You can find M'Cheyne's Bible Reading plan at: http://www.bibleplan.org/mcheyne.htm

No comments: