Well, I'm not as wordy as my wonderful hubby when it comes to blogging, but while he is away, I will be trying to keep you posted with info and pics!
The last that I heard from our mission team (around 1pm), they were still in line at the border....and had been there quite some time. This can be soooo tiring! At about 4pm, Aaron sent these pics from his phone. The pics are from Matamoros which is the border town just on the other side of the checkpoint. The past 3 times that I have been to this area, it was dry as a bone! I can't imagine how much rain they must have been getting to cause this much flooding.
Tonight will have been a very busy night. Unloading trailers full of equipment...setting up 10 tents...greeting old friends in the village...preparing dinner...all of this after a very long, hot, uncomfortable wait at the border. They should have no problems sleeping tonight!
Please continue praying for our missionaries! A few specifics are as follows:
1. For a good night's rest in preparation for a very exhausting week.
2. That the Lord would open the hearts of those that our team comes in contact with.
3. That the Lord would draw our team members to Himself...that their focus would not be on the heat, the dirt, the bugs, or even one another...but solely on HIM!
4. As Aaron mentioned in his last post...that some of the teens in the village would be open to meeting together for a time of teaching.
5. That the Lord would use this time to call out a full time missionary from our group.
6. And on a selfish note, please pray that Olivia will wait for daddy to get home before she makes her grand entrance!
These are just a few of my thoughts and prayers....don't stop there!